Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another Thank You

Welcome to all of the new followers!  Wow!  My eternal gratitude to Kelly at Speaking From The Crib for featuring my blog.


Today I am quite childless.  If ever there were an upside to divorce, it's the weekends when the kids are with their dad.  I adore having more than a few hours to myself, freeing me to go out and play without scheduling a babysitter or worrying about being home in time to see if anyone breaks curfew.  It's a nice change in the parenting routine - I highly recommend it for everyone!  Okay, I'm kidding about that,  divorce is dreadful and should be avoided if at all possible. 

So maybe if you know of someone with little ones at home, do them a favor and grab the kids (pre-arranged, I'm not advocating kidnapping) for a weekend.  And for those of you given a kid-free weekend DO NOT waste it on mopping the floor or other housekeeping.  Dive into the bubble bath, run around the house naked, enjoy a romantic dinner with your spouse, go out to a movie, curl up with a good book.  In other words, ENJOY the time.  To do anything else would be as logical as going on vacation to spend the entire week holed up in the hotel calling clients, running reports and everything you would do at your desk at work.

It's not to say I don't love my kids or enjoy having them around.  But a few hours apart is a healthy thing.  Don't dwell on them being away - trust me they will be back before you know it.  And that floor you just mopped to perfection?  Trompled and covered in muddy footprints in five seconds flat. 

Well I was going to apologize for not posting anything today, oops!

2 comments:

  1. It would take me a day and a half to stop crying when the children visited their father. Then I would start planning something to do with my free weekend and about the time I thought of something they were home again. Usually I had spent the time cleaning their rooms and buying them new books to have on their beds when they came home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our grandson for the weekend so our daughter could go to the beach with her husband! I think everyone married or single needs alone time away from kids! Make you a better mom!

    ReplyDelete